What should you always have in the luggage compartment?
You know winter has arrived when windows ice up and door locks freeze. There are a few things you should always have to hand to cope with all eventualities:
- Ice scraper, brush and folding shovel – to remove snow and ice from your car
- Rubber mats – to help you get going in an emergency
- Woolen blanket – in case of long traffic jams or for use when fitting snow chains
- Snow chains – to keep the vehicle moving even in extreme winter conditions.
- Jump leads – to deal with starting problems or to help others.