Data Protection Policy
Bosch Africa (hereinafter “Bosch” or “We” or “Us”) welcomes you to our internet pages and mobile applications (together also referred to as “Online Offers”). We thank you for your interest in our company and our products.
1. Bosch Africa respects your privacy
The protection of your privacy throughout the course of processing personal data as well as the security of all business data are important concerns to us. We process personal data collected during your visit of our Online Offers confidentially and only in accordance with statutory regulations and solely in compliance with legal provisions.
Data protection and information security are included in our corporate policy.
Bosch Africa is the controller responsible for the processing of your data; exceptions are outlined in this data protection notice.
Our contact details are as follows:
Private Bag X118
Telephone: +27 11 651-9600
3. Collection, processing and usage of personal data
3.1 · Processed categories of data
Communication data (e.g. name, telephone, e-mail, address, IP address) are processed.
3.2 · Principles
Personal data consists of all information related to an identified or identifiable natural person, this includes, e.g. names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, contractual master data, contract accounting and payment data, which is an expression of a person's identity.
We collect, process and use personal data (including IP addresses) only when there is either a statutory legal basis to do so or if you have given your consent to the processing or use of personal data concerning this matter, e.g. by means of registration.
3.3 · Processing purposes and legal basis
We as well as the service providers commissioned by us; process your personal data for the following processing purposes:
3.3.1 · Provision of these Online Offers
- Legal basis: Legitimate interest on our part in direct marketing as long as this occurs in accordance with data protection and competition law.
3.3.2 · In reply to user inquiries in the framework of a contact form
- Legal basis: Predominantly, legitimate interest in direct marketing on our part and in the enhancement of our products and services, as long as this is carried out in compliance with data protection regulations and competition law regulations resp. contractual performance resp. consent.
3.3.3 · Resolving service disruptions as well as for security reasons
- Legal basis: Fulfillment of our legal obligations within the scope of data security and predominantly, legitimate interest in resolving service disruptions as well as in the protection of our offers.
3.3.4 · Self-promotion and promotion by others as well as market research and reach analysis done within the scope statutorily permitted or based on consent
- Legal basis: Consent or predominantly, legitimate interest on our part in direct marketing if in accordance with data protection and competition law.
3.3.5 · Safeguarding and defending our rights
- Legal basis: Legitimate interest on our part in the assertion and defence of our rights.
3.4 · Log files
Each time you use the internet, your browser is transmitting certain information, which we store in so-called log files.
We store log files to determine service disruptions and for security reasons (e.g., to investigate attack attempts) for a period of 7 days and delete them afterwards. Log files which need to be maintained for evidence purposes are excluded from deletion until the respective incident is resolved and may, on a case-by-case basis, be passed on to investigating authorities.
Log files are also used for analysis purposes (without the IP address or without the complete IP address) see module 3.3.4 “Self-promotion and promotion by others as well as market research and reach analysis done within the scope statutorily permitted or based on consent”
In log files, the following information is saved:
- IP address (internet protocol address) of the terminal device used to access the online offer;
- Internet address of the website from which the online offer is accessed (so-called URL of origin or referrer URL);
- Name of the service provider which was used to access the online offer;
- Name of the files or information accessed;
- Date and time as well as duration of recalling the data;
- Amount of data transferred;
- Operating system and information on the internet browser used, including add-ons installed (e.g., Flash Player);
- http status code (e.g., “Request successful” or “File requested not found”).
This online offer is not meant for children under 16 years of age.
3.6 · Data transfer
3.6.1 · Data transfer to other controllers
Principally, your personal data is forwarded to other controllers only if required for the fulfillment of a contractual obligation, or if we ourselves, or a third party, has a legitimate interest in the data transfer, or if you have given your consent. Particulars on the legal basis and the recipients or categories of recipients can be found in the section “Processing purposes and legal basis” (see no. 3.3).
Additionally, data may be transferred to other controllers when we are obliged to do so due to statutory regulations or enforceable administrative or judicial orders.
3.6.2 · Service providers (general)
We involve external service providers with tasks such as sales and marketing services, contract management, payment handling, programming, data hosting, and hotline services. We have chosen service providers carefully and monitor them on a regular basis, especially regarding their diligent handling of and protection of the data that they store. All service providers are obliged to maintain confidentiality and to comply with the statutory provisions. Service providers may also be other Bosch Group companies.
3.7 · Duration of storage, retention periods
Principally, we store your data for as long as it is necessary to render our online offers and connected services or for as long as we have a legitimate interest in storing the data (e.g. we might still have a legitimate interest in postal mail marketing after fulfillment of our contractual obligations). In all other cases we delete your personal data with the exception of data we are obliged to store for the fulfillment of legal obligations (e.g. due to retention periods under the tax and commercial codes we are obliged to have documents such as contracts and invoices available for a certain period of time).